Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All I want for Christmas is... Nate Berkus

Okay, so I think I'm going to be sick.  This post was not supposed to go this way.  My original plan was to show you these great little yarn wreaths I am making for Christmas presents this year (while watching The Nate Berkus Show).... Since I haven't been working, I ain't bringing home no bacon, which means save money, get crafty, Do It Yourself, yada yada yada and so on and so forth.  That's all fine and good.  I like to be creative, save money and get crafty regardless of whether or not I am bringing home any bacon.  

Cute little yarn wreaths.. Readers, one of these could be wrapped under the tree for you! xo

What I DON'T like is what I just read on the internet:

The Nate Berkus Show is being cancelled after two seasons on the air.  I realize some of you who do work out of the home may not even know about this show, or perhaps it's really not a priority for you.... just indulge me here for a moment if you will.  I can't tell you how much this show has meant to me and what it has done for my overall state of happiness, well-being and health.  Since baby Worth was born 9 months ago, I have not returned to work.  I decided to stay at home and be with my boys and focus on family for a bit.  I have, however, needed to "find myself" again in doing so.  I won't get into the whole story here and run the risk of boring you to tears with background violins, etc, but let me just say that part of my recently pursued obsession with DIY projects and my overwhelming passion and draw to style and creativity have been brought to life by this precious little hunk of burning love.  Just look...


Or look here...

Or you can look here...



Really, are you kidding me?  (As a disclaimer, most wonderful man in the world knows I feel this way.)  I mean, I feel like the man could just stand there in an empty room with four white walls and hold a show with absolutely no accouterments, design dilemmas, or money saving decor tips.

Which brings me to this... And, yes, I actually would love a few violins here if you will so kindly play for me.


My sweet, sweet mother-in-law is the one that turned me on to Nate's show.  She has always been so complimentary of my projects and the personal style I have injected in my own home.  She told me about Nate's show and has encouraged me to do more.  She knows I have experienced my own little dilemma of finding myself and pursing this thing that makes me so happy.  So really now the only struggle I am facing is that there are not enough hours in the day to pursue it all!  Forget not having the money honey, because thanks to Mary and Nate and his team and his show, I've been totally motivated....

Before

After

You've seen this a million times. I'm so proud.

Kitchen Make Over Number Three

Baby/Guest Room Make Over

Back to the violins... my mother-in-law tells me over Thanksgiving that for my birthday in March, she thought we needed to take a trip to my favorite place in the world, NYC, and go to a taping of The Nate Berkus Show.  I'm pretty sure I jumped up out of my seat from Thanksgiving dinner with excitement over this notion. So I got on the internet finally last night to see when the tapings were scheduled... they are all back to back for the month of January ending February 2.  I don't think there is anyway that a trip to NYC can happen that fast after the holidays, and given the aforementioned.  Very sad, but wow, what a thoughtful, wonderful idea.  Maybe one day we will meet, my long lost friend, Nate.  I know you're out there somewhere...

Oh NYC, how I love thee.
I have been totally design-obsessed ever since tuning into Nate's show.  There is a segment called House Proud, where viewers send in pictures and videos of their home and share why they are so House Proud. I'm not saying I have the most beautiful home by any stretch, but I am definitely House Proud.  I have put it off and put it off for some silly reason of wanting everything to be "just perfect" before submitting to the show.


I have slowly but surely come to know that Imperfection = Perfection.  So, if anything I am a little disappointed in myself for putting this off.  Well, Nate, if you're out there, and you're reading this...

Pick Me!  Pick Me!  Um, I mean my house that I'm so proud of, of course!  Pretttty pleeeeeassssseeee... With sugar on top... I'll show you my best air guitar...


I've been a good girl this year.  Just ask Santa!  I realize this is totally ridiculous, but I'm really going for it here. Well, I think that's the best I've got.  If anything, let me please thank you for all the inspiration you and your team have provided me. I have enjoyed every bit of it.  I want to congratulate you and all of your team for all your hard work and wish you nothing but the very best.  You are tremendously talented, and I know success does not usually come without a lot of hard work.  Kudos!  Hurrah!  Well Done!

Now back to that one itty bitty, teeny weeny little Christmas wish, Nate...

For the love of doing it all yourself, in the very best style...ever so fondly, Whitley

1 comment:

  1. you're a hoot with that air guitar! i adore the teal tables you crafted!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!
Also follow the Queen City Style on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!