Saturday, January 21, 2012

Stylin' Sunday - Golden Globes Top Picks and a BIG Thank You to Most Wonderful Man in the World

Happy Sunday!  I hope you all enjoyed yourself this weekend.  I sure have, and I will tell you why... Most Wonderful Man in the World decided last weekend that he would surprise me this weekend ...


... by taking himself and my other two precious little men on a road trip to visit their Grandparents, which... you got it... left me and the Booch, (our precious lab, Macy) HOME ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ALONE! FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND.  If your day to day life looks anything similar to mine, you know why I have used all caps.  There is no exact way to express the emotion involved for a weekend all alone.  Most wonderful man encouraged me to meet up with some girlfriends for a drink, and I wanted to, but I just could not.  Silence. Sitting at home all ALONE, all weekend, working on this blog... while listening to the soft, melodic rhythms of Chicane, Bent, Thievery Corporation and the likes... is all I wanted to do.  The wine has never tasted so good.  

Thank you most wonderful man in the world... I guess that 10 day fishing trip is my way to repay you for such kindness?  Yes. Gladly.  THANK YOU.

Back to the GG's...


It was a lovely night.  Your Queen City Stylist, Frank, and I had a hard time picking just one for Best of the Night, so we each picked our Top Two.

My picks, Evan Rachel Wood and Julie Bowen.  For me, it was all about the dresses.  While I think both ladies could have done a little more accessorizing, I just die over both of dresses. Evan's dress was unbelievable with all the different textures, the pattern and structure, and Julie was reminiscent of Old Hollywood Glamour, so graceful and classic.

                     
   
Frank's Picks, Claire Danes and Charlize Theron.  Frank loved the design of both dresses, noting the classic design of Claire's dress, the color blocking, as well as the flawless fit on her. He pointed to the high slit and gathered waist of Charlize's dress, as well as the color of the dress being a match for her skin tone, and the headband being a fabulous addition.


So, did either Frank or I choose your pick for best of the night?  I would love to know your top picks!

For the love of admiring beautiful dresses from afar in total peace and quite on this chilly, rainy weekend in the Queen City... I hope yours was every bit as lovely as mine!  Whitley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!
Also follow the Queen City Style on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!