Friday, February 17, 2012

Lilly Love

Happy Weekend, Stylish Friends!
This post contains A LOT of information relevant to Lilly Pulitzer... store info, personal favs, resources, images of old and new...and more... so if you are a Lilly Lover, sit back and pour over the details!
If not, as usual, I THANK YOU just as well for visiting!

Last night I had the fun pleasure of attending a special evening at the new Lilly Pulitzer store at South Park Mall.  It was a chance for a few close friends and family members to get their hands on some of the most incredibly adorable merchandise I have ever seen, and in my case, a chance for me to tell you about all of their cuteness, hot off the press!  Where to start??

Lilly Pulitzer Store Front at South Park Mall

As a lover of all things colorful, this Lilly Pulitzer store is like, for me.... going back to some of your fondest childhood memories...As a little girl I see....walking on a pebble path leading to the ocean, bare feet, dressed in a cotton yellow and white sundress (vintage Lilly print of course) trimmed with rick rack lace, the wisps of fragile strands of young blond hair delicately blowing in the wind, fresh air all around, with an ice cream cone in hand, the vanilla cream slowly melts down the side of the cone and onto my fingers as I take the first step onto sand, and I can see the sparkly crystals on the calm, clear blue sea just in front of me.  My eyes are closed as I see this moment I share with you, much like my first time coming to know Lilly Pulitzer.

Vintage Lilly via
The below is a picture of my Grandmother, with my Grandfather,
wearing the garment that served as my first introduction to Lilly!  (Aren't they adorable?)


I am so fortunate she has joined all the other lovely vintage ladies in my wardrobe.
I love wearing her during the warm summer months.
The vision of that little girl at the beach, all grown up.  Smile.


My night at the Lilly Pulitzer store opening was full of highlights.  I met and conversed with lots of great gals. I shared with one of the ladies from Lilly my story about this skirt, my love of Lilly, and my love for vintage clothing.  We talked about many of the dress maker details maintained by the Lilly Pulitzer line over the years.  Look at the attention to detail with "Lilly" embroidered on the lace seem.  All of the cotton garments produced still include this special seem.  Have you ever noticed?


Look who it is... Courtenay Wardell and Jen Plym of the Queen City's very own Charlotte Smarty Pants!  As a new blogger on the block, it sure was neat meeting some of the Queen City's
most successful in their craft.  Look at them all decked out in their Lilly!  


So fun running into a newer friend of mine, Ashley, who writes the most adorable blog, so appropriately titled, Sweet Southern Prep.  Look at us all Sweet, Southern and Preppy in our Lilly.


I just had to include this next picture.  I purchased the dress at the Madison Avenue store in NYC while I was pregnant with my second son.  I've had every good intention of having it altered.  
I just can't seem to find the time! Whoa.


Other than sharing all this fabulousness with you fabulous ladies and gents, 
my self-prescribed mission for the evening was to somehow narrow down 
my favorite items in the store to My Top Three Picks.
And so, in no particular order...
(click on title to shop)


I chose this item for the versatility.  The store has an entire corner dedicated to all white items.  Absolutely sweet and lovely.  Wedding whites.  Tennis anyone?  
Does it get more preppy proper than this?  Great for a Garden Party, Girls Luncheon, Brunch, Pool Party.  The options are endless.  The dress also comes strapless, called the Blossom Dress.



Adorable.  I chose the Kiera Dress, since it is V-neck and covers the shoulders, 
which when following proper church etiquette, this means you could wear it without a shawl.  
Just don't wear it to your ex-boyfriend's wedding... not that you would.  
Though if he saw you in either, he would regret ever letting you get away.


Also quite versatile, don't you just love all of the fantastic trade mark Lilly colors in this top?
Like wearing a Monet watercolor on your body. 
So flowy and chic.


As the website states, a timeless piece with a touch of metallic.  It is so chic to me.  So Jackie O.
With the soft neutral colors, this coat with go with anything.  



Really, everything is amazing... 
SO, I shan't leave out my Top Three In-House Accessories...

Oh my.  Could this BEE any cuter??


In a bevy of styles, how can you choose just one?!


You just gotta have the proper coordinating bag! I love the versatility (yet again) of this bag.  It is large enough to carry all your essentials but delicate enough to carry with a dress.  Don't you think?


I leave you with additional images to wet your palette. 
From the clothing, to the furniture, accessories and gift items, Beauty Abounds at Lilly Pulitzer South Park!






One final fun fact... did you know there is a Facebook page dedicated to recycling all things Lilly?!
It is the Re-Lilly Facebook page... 
The Gathering Place for Lilly Lovers to Buy, Sell and Swap their Lilly and meet other Lilly Lovers.
Re-Lilly + Lover of all things Lilly and all things Vintage = 
Is anyone interested in splitting the winning lottery ticket with me?

For the love of classic colorful style, Bon Weekend!  xo-Whitley

9 comments:

  1. This store looks so cheerful, colorful and fun! Lilly never disappoints. Thank you for mentioning Re-Lilly and for sharing your delightful blog with the Re-Lilly community.
    xx Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Sue! The store is just as you say, as you see it... wonderful!! Please do let me know if you are ever our way!!

      Fondly, Whitley

      Delete
  2. I have the Alima top (the exact one pictured), and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!!! I am SO EXCITED about the store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you get by there and what you think!

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous opportunity and a fun place! I wish I lived nearby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassi! I had a Fantastic time! Perhaps you can make the road trip sometime... how far are you?

      Delete
  4. Went and bought the Alima top yesterday! The girls that work there are very helpful. Can't wait for another shopping trip there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I found all the associates to be so kind and sweet and helpful myself!

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!
Also follow the Queen City Style on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!