Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Red and White Stripes by Night

For the last post of this three part series, ensemble on a budget,
we style the dress for a night out on the town.
I am ready to take on the Queen City, wouldn't you say? :)


For the evening look, I reached again for my trustee Gap denim jacket.
I have this jacket in two washes.  The darker I've had since college, 
and the lighter wash for about five years.  I seriously wear this 
baby everywhere; certainly more than my blue jeans!

Red and White Striped Dress, Gap Denim Jacket, Maria Sharapova by Cole Haan Shoes, Coach Clutch, Gap Fedora, Blinde Natural Born Thriller Sunglasses

As you can see, all of the jewelry; bracelets, earrings, necklace, 
rings, as well as the clutch and belt, were used in the post for our 
casual day look.  I brought in my favorite pair of heels for this 
summer, which I purchased at Step by Sloan, and threw on this
straw ribbon trimmed fedora for my little K-Fed fix.


It's summer and still light out, so I'm keeping it real with my shades.


I've always loved hats, more than I actually wear them.  I own quite
a few.  I had so much fun styling this one for these pictures, so I'm
not quite sure why I don't wear them more.  This will be my inspiration!
I hope this post, and the prior two, inspire you to do a little mixing
and matching (and saving) from your closet as well!


Dress: Pink and Blue at South Park Mall, here's one in red and white, and one in black and white, Jacket: Gap (old), but here's one, Belt: Pink & Blue at South Park Mall, I also love this one and this one, Sunglasses: Blinde, but here's a less expensive, similar pair, Hat: Gap (old) here's one, Shoes: Maria Sharapova by Cole Haan, Earrings: Gifted, Bracelets: old, Ring: BCBG (old), but here's my current favorite statement ring, Clutch: Coach (old), here's one.

If you enjoyed this ensemble on a budget series, I'd love to know!
If there is something you would like to see on the Queen City Style, 
please tell me!  It is so much fun to interact with readers in such a 
fun and creative way.  Email me at thequeencitystyle@yahoo.com

For the love of using what you got, in great style...
Thanks for reading!  Whitley  

9 comments:

  1. Just purchased a lightwash denim jacket last week from The Gap and I love it! You are right - wearing it more than my jeans for sure! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shoes. And I think that dress is a fun and happy one. I was thinking of you when I dressed up this week!Y: http://diapeepees.blogspot.com/2012/06/why-dressing-up-is-hard-to-do.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this casual outfit with a playful twist through the added stripes. I've been on a hunt for a denim jacket, but so far no luck :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Aney! This particular one is not being sold since it is the summer season, but try the one I linked to under the images. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I hope you'll visit again soon, Whitley

      Delete
  4. Absolutely LOVE!! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally wear this outfit! Definitely addicted to denim jackets these days :)

    XXo,
    Neekoh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you will visit again soon. Best, Whitley

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!
Also follow the Queen City Style on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!