Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fashion Friday - Celebrating a New Year, Sequin Style

Happy 2012, Y'all!  I hope your year is off to a great start thus far!

Most wonderful man in the world and I had (in my very best Shag voice) the MOST fun evening bidding adieu to 2011 and welcoming 2012.  The Monday prior to the big Hoorah, I had lunch with my sweet, and in this case sneakily influential friend, Heather, at one of my most favorite spots in all of Charlotte, Arthur's in Belk at South Park Mall.  Really, I was only there for good food and good conversation, but as it so happens, THE outfit was upstairs waiting there for me.  I stumbled upon this French Connection little ditty and intentionally did not take myself and the ditty into the dressing room.  Then... Heather MADE me do it.  For fear of what would happen, it happened.  I put it on, and I loved it.  I swear.  She made me do it.

French Connection Lucinda Sequin Playsuit

Truth be told, I will be so bold as to say that in all of Charlotte, among ALL of the fabulous shopping, Belk may just be my very favorite.  I actually got all but one of my wedding outfits and dresses at Belk!  They have such a fun and wide assortment of goodies for all, and who doesn't love what seems to be the eternal 20% Early Bird Special every day of the week and every hour of the day they offer? 

Anyway, the outfit... I just went on-line to find this jumper for you, and here's how their model wore it.  Not bad...

Click Here to purchase in Black

And, here's how I rocked mine.  Gotta admit, I'm kinda privy...


I picked up this precious little ditty at a fabulous 30% off then whipped out a surprise Belk gift card I forgot I had, and Voila!  I paid maybe half the sticker price.  True Luh-uhv.

Now how to style and accessorize??  Because we were going to a dinner party, I wanted to veer on the side of less formal, playful, fun. This meant boots over heels.  At the brilliant recommendation of my friend, Katherine, I went with my favorite Stu's.  I can't tell you how fabulous these boots are.  They will make any and everybody's leg feel and look great.  Nordstrom typically has them on sale each season, which is where I snagged mine.

Stuart Weitzman Jefe Cola Suede Stiletto knee-high boot.

Of course I had to carry along my favorite new winter love...


For the jewels, well I just piled on the bling.  Do y'all remember that absolutely, insanely gorgeous J.Crew necklace I wore in my very first post, about recreating my Grandmother's look in the Lucky magazine article?...

Well, could my mother have been any cooler than to know how Ga-Ga I was over it, and then get me my very own pretty baby for Christmas?!  Sorry y'all, gotta jam out with my one and only karaoke number... Name that artist... I'm SO Excited!! (duh duh) And I just can't hide it! (noooo)  I'm about ta lose control an I think I like it, OOOH YEAH!

Click HERE to pick up your very own Feathered Crystal Necklace
Hello, inheritance piece.  All's I gotta say is boys better marry some stylish and NICE girls.


On to the wrists and phalanges... I just piled 'em on.  I'm loving the mixed metals stacked on high.  Two of the rings and one of the bracelets are my every day staples.  I've never owned one of these wrap beaded bracelets, but my dear life long friend, Ashley, sent this one for Christmas, and I am loving it!  I think I've shared this bit of turquoise-to-die-for once before, but if not, it is a piece that belonged to a dear friend of mine who passed away earlier this year.  Her daughter could not have bestowed upon me a more touching gesture than to gift it to me as a way to remember my special friend.  I love having a little bit of Willie adorning me on my most fashionable of nights out on the Queen City.

Click HERE to get your very own Stella & Dot Nugget Wrap Bracelet.

Lastly, the ear bobs are a pair of crystal clip-on's that belonged to my Grandmother.  I think they pull it all together so gracefully.


Here's ALL the jewels!  Gosh, boys really miss out on SO much fun!


Earlier in the day, Katherine gave me this wonderfully sleek and unique Liora Manne pouch for Christmas. Check out the new Liora Manne Home retail store at 1336 Central Ave.

Click HERE to see more handbags by Liora Manne

If you didn't already decipher from the pics, most wonderful man in the world and I ventured over to neighborhood fav, Nolen Kitchen, for a quick shared glass of vino, just the two of us.  Can I just tell you what a romantic outdoor patio they have?  I'm sure we've all been there, but on this night we were the only ones on the patio.  That fireplace and those stringing lights, with the traffic passing by on Selwyn Ave. off in the distance... Such a beautiful evening put me in that magical place again, and I was strolling the sidewalks of New York City.





I highly recommend a sequin playsuit, lots of glamorous accessories and a little Nolen Kitchen patio in your life soon. I'd like to thank most wonderful man in the world for working the camera like it was his job.  It was such a fun night out celebrating the New Year.

For the love of all out fabulous style, happiness and fun-filled nights in 2012,  xx-Whitley

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This seems like so long ago... One of my first posts. Still in love with this little jumper. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!
Also follow the Queen City Style on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!